- How do I purchase shares of Tesla? Do you have a Direct Stock Purchase Plan?
- Tesla’s shares trade on the NASDAQ exchange, under the ticker symbol TSLA. To purchase shares, you will need to do so through a broker. If you do not have a brokerage account, you will need to open one. At this time, Tesla does not have a direct stock purchase program.
- Can Tesla comment on a move in its share price or provide investment advice?
- Unfortunately, we cannot comment on moves in our share price or offer investment advice.
- Does Tesla pay a dividend? Does it plan to?
- Tesla has never declared dividends on our common stock. We intend on retaining all future earnings to finance future growth and therefore, do not anticipate paying any cash dividends in the foreseeable future.
- When was Tesla's initial public offering (IPO)?
- Tesla's initial public offering was on June 29, 2010. The IPO was priced at $17 per share.
- Can I obtain a stock certificate for my Tesla shares? Who is Tesla's transfer agent?
- The transfer agent and registrar for Tesla’s common stock is Computershare Trust Company located at 250 Royall Street in Canton, MA 02021. Their telephone number is (800) 662-7232. Please contact Computershare for any questions about receiving stock certificates for your shares.
- For SolarCity shareholders, what is the stock basis impact of the merger for tax purposes?
- Please see IRS Form 8937:
- For Maxwell shareholders, what is the stock basis impact of the merger for tax purposes?
- Please see IRS Form 8937:
- What are the CUSIP Numbers for Tesla's stock and convertible bonds?
- The CUSIP number for Tesla’s common stock is 88160R101.
For Tesla’s convertible notes outstanding, the CUSIP numbers are:
- 1.25% Convertible Senior Notes due 2021: 88160RAC5
- 2.375% Convertible Senior Notes due 2022: 88160RAD3
- 2.00% Convertible Senior Notes due 2024: 88160RAG6
- 5.50% Convertible Senior Notes due 2022: 577767AA4
- When is Tesla's next quarterly financial report? How can I listen to the webcast?
- If a financial report date has been scheduled, all details will be posted here under
- How can I receive email updates from Tesla?
- An online form to set up an email alert subscription can be found here:
- Can Tesla mail financial documents to me?
- As a sustainable company, Tesla posts all investor information to its website at Investor Overview. Our quarterly update letters can be found at Investor Communication. Our SEC filings can be found at SEC Filings and at www.sec.gov. If you would to receive email alerts for new investor information, you may sign up to receive the information you prefer, at this link: Email Alerts. Finally, you can have printed materials mailed to you by completing a request on our Financial Literature Request page: Printed Materials
- Can I interview someone from Tesla?
- We receive a large number of requests for information, particularly in connection with student projects, and unfortunately are not able to respond to each one individually. This web site, however, contains answers to many of the most commonly asked questions about Tesla, our employees, and our business. Additional information may be obtained by reading our SEC filings.
Annual General Meeting:
- When and where is Tesla's Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- The date, time and location of our Annual Meeting of Stockholders is announced in our annual proxy statement filed with the SEC and is available at: SEC Filings
- Who can attend Tesla's Annual Meeting of Stockholders? What do I need to bring to be admitted?
- You may attend an Annual Meeting if you were a Tesla stockholder on the “Record Date” for that meeting and can provide photo ID and proof of stock ownership at the meeting. Proof of stock ownership may include materials you receive from us or your broker (such as a broker statement) that lists you as a Tesla stockholder, but depends on your form of ownership. Please refer to our proxy statement relating to the particular meeting for the Record Date and other additional details. Our proxy statement relating to this year’s Annual Meeting is available at: SEC Filings.
- How can I vote my shares without attending the Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- If you are a Tesla stockholder on the “Record Date” for an Annual Meeting, you may vote your shares without attending such meeting via Internet, telephone or mail. Please refer to our proxy statement relating to the particular meeting, or any other proxy materials you may receive from us or your broker by mail or email, for additional details. Our proxy statement relating to this year's Annual Meeting is available at: SEC Filings.
- Where can I find the voting results of the Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- We publish final voting results in a Current Report on Form 8-K, which are filed with the SEC within four (4) business days of the annual meeting. Our proxy statement relating to this year’s Annual Meeting is available at SEC Filings.
- When was Tesla incorporated?
- Tesla was incorporated on July 1, 2003
- What is Tesla's fiscal year?
- Tesla Inc.'s fiscal year is based on the calendar year. The last day of the fiscal year is Dec 31.
- Where is Tesla headquartered?
- Tesla’s corporate headquarters is located at 3500 Deer Creek Road in Palo Alto, CA 94304.
- How many employees does Tesla have?
- We disclose employee headcount in our annual Form 10-K filing, which is available at: SEC Filings. As of December 31, 2019, Tesla, Inc. had 48,016 full-time employees.
- Who are the principal members of Tesla's management team?
- The primary members and bios of Tesla’s management team can be found here:
- Who are the members of Tesla's Board of Directors?
- The members and bios of Tesla’s Board of Directors can be found here:
- How can I contact Tesla's Board of Directors directly?
- An online form to contact the Board of Directors can be found here:
- Who are Tesla's independent auditors?
- Tesla’s independent registered public accounting firm is PricewaterhouseCoopers
Product / Technology:
- How can I receive information concerning Tesla's latest product offerings and updates?
- Details of our products can be found here:
- How can I get more information about the Gigafactory Nevada?
- More information surrounding the Gigafactory can be found here:
- When will the Solar Roof be available? How much will it cost?
- Tesla is taking orders for Solar Roof, and the product is currently being installed across the US. Solar Roof complements the architectural features of the home while harnessing the power of the sun — furthering our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and allowing our customers to take full advantage of the Tesla ecosystem. Additional information is available here.
Business / Strategy:
- What is Tesla's mission?
- Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- For more details, see https://www.tesla.com/about
- Why did Tesla enter the solar energy business through the acquisition of SolarCity?
- Tesla acquired SolarCity to create the world's only vertically integrated sustainable energy company that offers a complete portfolio of residential, commercial and grid-scale products that enable customers to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably, through a suite of integrated products that add aesthetics and function while reducing cost. More details on the rationale behind the acquisition can be found here:
General / Other:
- General investor questions about Tesla or the company's common stock?
- Email email@example.com